Our priority is to understand and embrace unique global cultures to ensure that our Team Members are seen, heard, valued and respected. As a result, our senior leadership is committed to investing in programs that promote diversity such as, inclusion training and celebrations of international traditions and customs. Globally, we also aim to increase our presence in local communities through employee volunteerism, partnerships and giving programs.
Executive Diversity Council
As a part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we created the Executive Diversity Council, comprised of the company's most senior leaders, and chaired by our President and CEO, Christopher J. Nassetta. The Executive Diversity Council provides oversight and direction to the overall diversity strategy related to our culture, talent and marketplace.
Team Member Resource Groups
Hilton Worldwide encourages our Team Members to become involved in resource groups. Sponsored by senior leaders of the company, the resource groups allow Team Members to interact in a collaborative environment in support of our company goals, promote professional growth through networking and development, and provide market insights. Resource groups are voluntary and inclusive; therefore any Hilton Worldwide Team Member is eligible to participate.
- African American Team Member Resource Group
- Asian and Pacific Islander Team Member Resource Group
- Women's Team Member Resource Group
- Hispanic/Latino Team Member Resource Group
- LGBT & Friends Team Member Resource Group
Coming in 2013:
- People With Disabilities Team Member Resource Group
- Veterans Team Member Resource Group
Diversity, Inclusion & You is a powerful e-learning course that provides Team Members with the tools to:
- Recognize the unique insights, perspectives, and background of others;
- Create competitive advantages for ourselves by leveraging the diversity of our Team Members;
- Develop an environment of trust, respect, and inclusion; and
- Avoid discrimination and disrespectful behavior.
We are confident that participation in this curriculum will ensure that, regardless of your role, each Team Member will have a full understanding of how and why promoting and maintaining an inclusive workplace is critical to the success of Hilton Worldwide.
We believe our Team Members are our greatest asset. With more than 300,000 owned, managed, franchised and corporate Team Members across more than 90 countries, we are by nature diverse.
We celebrate the uniqueness of our global workforce internally, by:
- Generating awareness and reinforcing our diversity and inclusion commitment throughout the company
- Celebrating nationally recognized heritage months and cultural differences among our diverse Team Member base
- Promoting our diverse talent and success of our owner, supplier and workforce programs and initiatives
- Illustrating the value of diversity at every level of our business
External Recognition for Diversity
Fostering diversity and inclusion in our workplace and hotels
Hilton Worldwide is committed to being the preeminent global hospitality company, and to partnering with a variety of organizations to help us achieve our goal. These partnerships range in focus, and include academic institutions, multicultural professional associations, and community organizations from around the world.
We are honored to have received recognition for our efforts to foster diversity and inclusion, including: